Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter is an important holiday to me. It is the holiday that gave me hope... In fact, it's the holiday that gives all Christians hope. Easter is the day that Jesus rose from the grave. He left an empty tomb as a remembrance of his sacrifice.

In honor of that day, I decided to create a cake with Him in mind. I created a cake with Jesus' empty tomb on it. The cake pictured is a three layer chocolate cake with a cream cheese filling. The frosting is entirely buttercream, in different colors. The cake is 100% edible, down to the blades of flowering grass. The tomb is hollowed out with a stone slab inside. Jesus' grave clothes are folded at one end of the stone. The stone covering the door is rolled away.

My Jesus died for me. He died for you. I hope this simple cake can convey that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment