Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Impromptu Cake for an Impromptu Wedding

A friend's mother is marrying her long-time man on Thursday morning. She asked me to make a cake. She gave me complete leeway... I told her I'd make the Muddin' Cake, but I was just kidding. She'd love it, but I don't know about her mom. LOL.

I was going to make a simple cake with some little flowers on it, but I chose instead to do the Sunflower Cake. The biggest problem is the petals. They don't want to stay on, so I had to use some toothpicks to hold them in place. But, for a last minute cake, it turned out pretty cute.

1 comment:

  1. As it turned out, the petals continued to fall off as the cake warmed up. As long as it was refrigerated, they stayed in place. But the frosting softened and wouldn't hold up... I'll have to think of something else to hold them in place next time.

    ReplyDelete