Friday, November 18, 2011

TinkerBell is adorable

I am about to be blessed with two great-nieces. Both babies are due about two weeks apart, roughly in January. At first, I was upset with the prospect of becoming a great aunt at the young age of 35. But I soon realized that I am still young enough to enjoy the little girls while they are also young and energetic.

This week, one of the girls had her baby shower. She asked me to make the cake. Her theme is TinkerBell and lady bugs. I was very excited. I purchased some Tink cupcake toppers about 8 months ago and have been designing the cake in my head ever since.

The cake was pink champagne with buttercream frosting. I used gum paste flowers and I do believe this is the best cake I've made to date.
I spent the day with my other niece, whom I do not know very well, and I am extra excited about bringing her and her little girl into our family.

Children are a very big blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment