Monday, January 2, 2012

Humvee Cake

The Humvee cake turned out really cool... Unfortunately, I don't have a picture that does it justice. I have pictures, but I don't think it photographed too well. It still turned out really cool. I was also told that they finished it off today, so it didn't last long.









The cake is red velvet with cream cheese frosting. The hummer is also made of cake. I used Oreos covered in black fondant for the tires. I used the black fondant for the windows. I brushed them with powdered sugar to give the impression of glass. I used the remaining black fondant to make the balls around the bottom of the cake. The sand is made of graham crackers and sugar to give it the sparkle that only sand has. I used black frosting to write ARMY on the grill of the Humvee.

He loved the cake. Welcome Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment