Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tangled

I had an order for a Rapunzel cake - from the cartoon Tangled. I didn't want to attempt the tower, afraid it would topple. So, I made a small two tier cake, covered it in little purple and pink flowers, wrapped her hair around the cake, and put lanterns floating down the sides.

The cake is chocolate, no filling. It is covered in vanilla buttercream and green marshmallow fondant. All the decorations are either made of frosting or fondant. It was for a little girl's birthday party, so I wanted it to be edible.




I bought a new airbrush machine and I got to use it on this cake. I sprayed the yellow lanterns gold, and I sprayed her hair gold to give it a little extra something. Then I sprayed the whole cake with shimmer to make it shine. It turned out really pretty. And for the first time, my fondant turned out smooth and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment