Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baking Marathon

I had so much fun baking the last few days. Mostly, I had fun seeing the smiling faces, the embarrassed men, and the empty cabinets. This marathon consisted of 28 different orders from cake pops to cheesecakes, to cupcakes.

I did realize a few things: First, I need a better system for tracking sales and deliveries. Luckily, a new friend told me about an app for my iPad that will help me track inventory and sales. It's going to take a while to input everything, but I think it will help a lot.

Second, I need a delivery driver. Fortunately, I know someone who is a good driver and is willing to make some money.

Third, I need to have more cakes baked and ready to mix for many orders of cake pops.

I think the best part of this whole experience came in the last home delivery I had. A young lady wanted to surprise her husband with a chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake for Valentine's Day. I knocked on the door and when he opened it, he looked at me, looked at the box, screwed his nose up, and said, "OK, Thank You!" took the box and started to close the door.

He had no idea what was in the box. It was absolutely adorable. One of the experiences that made the whole busy-lack-of-sleep-lack-of-food event worthwhile. Of course, I had a few others, such as embarrassing the security guard at the courthouse, or the mechanic at the car dealership. Those were pretty awesome too.

My favorite creation, besides the cheesecake, was the Miami Dolphins cake pop bouquet. I love how it turned out.
Miami Dolphins colors. The brown pops are footballs.

2 comments:

  1. This was by far the coolest valentines day present i have ever gotten my husband! you did a very great job and everyone enjoyed this !

    ReplyDelete