Saturday, May 5, 2012

Memories

A few months ago, a long ago best friend found me on Facebook. At first, I had no idea who she was. After 25 years, I couldn't remember her. Then she posted a picture of her and another best friend. Then, it all clicked.

Nikki, Jenn, and I were best friends when I was little. We lived in a tiny town and we did loads of stuff together. When I was 10, we moved away and I never saw them again. Well, Nikki found me and Jenn is with her, so nothing like a good ol' reunion.

Nikki got married today. She had the cutest wedding theme. 1950s. The groom and the groomsmen were all dressed in pin stripe suits complete with wingtips and fedoras. She wore an adorable white dress with a poofy slip under it. Her bridesmaids wore similar style dresses, but in her colors. I loved it.

She asked me to make her cake, and I was more than excited. Her colors were purple and green. When I get to open a shop, those are going to be my decoration and logo colors. Had them picked out for awhile, but after playing with this cake, I like them more.

Her cake was three different flavors, and it turned out so cute. Really fit in with her theme.





The bottom tier is a 16" square. It is chocolate with raspberry filling. The middle tier is a 12" square. It is confetti with strawberry filling. The top tier is an 8" square. It is lemon with champagne filling. The cake is done in vanilla buttercream. The roses are hand made gumpaste and my mom helped with the design of the flowers. There are green pearls all over the cake, but they don't show in the picture well. The flowers and frosting also show up blue, but they were a purple color that was more in tune with the light purple ribbon. The bride's dress had a ribbon criss-crossed on the back, so I used the lattice work on the bottom tier to tie that in.

No comments:

Post a Comment