Wednesday, August 31, 2011

21st Birthday Bash

A friend turned 21 on Tuesday. She wanted a cake to celebrate the big day.

She wanted a chocolate and red velvet two layer 9" round cake with white cream cheese frosting. She had no idea what to put on the cake for a 21st birthday, so she gave me free reign. This is what I created:

The topper is a tipped champagne glass. The "champagne" is piping gel with a tiny bit of baking soda (for "bubbles") and champagne flavoring mixed in. The baking soda added the bubbles, but it also changed the color of the piping gel to a near white. The ribbon curls and other decorations came from the dollar store.

The cake turned out really cute, and the birthday girl was really happy with it.

I'd never made the cream cheese frosting before, but it was pretty tasty. I think I'll stick with the recipe. Here's the link: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cream_cheese_frosting/

No comments:

Post a Comment