Friday, August 5, 2011

Hmmmm. Robin's Egg Blue?

Well, I have to attempt Robin's Egg Blue. Luckily, just a small amount to drape on the wedding cake. I will be hand painting the flowers.

The flowers are going to be amazing. I've never made gumpaste flowers. But, I went to Michaels and bought a kit that teaches me step by step how to make gumpaste (or fondant) roses. I attempted one last night, and even though I made the wrong size rose base, the petals looked pretty darn good. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to take the fondant gum paste class this summer because of finances. :( Soon though.

Tonight, I made two sizes of the Rose Base and am letting them dry. I tried to stick to the same size, but I have some that are very small and some that are quite large, but they are all very close in size.

I am making two different sizes of roses. The smaller ones will be buds or medium roses. The larger ones will be full size roses.

I may also attempt to make 3 small lilies as accent flowers. We shall see how the time consuming roses go. I wish to make one dozen with at least 2 extras per size... Then, comes the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment