Monday, August 1, 2011

Piggie Bank Cake

A friend from church put together a fundraiser for a young man that was hurt really badly in a car accident recently. She asked me if I would be willing to donate a cake that was pig themed.

So, I Googled Pig Cakes. I found the cutest cake that was a piggy bank with chocolate coins scattered all about.
I decided to attempt the adorable cake.

He turned out so adorable that I wanted to keep him. I went ahead and gave him to my friend, and they raised $120 on him at the Dessert Auction. I was very thrilled and completely floored.

This adorable little guy is covered in pink fondant. The best part is, the sun faded the pink during delivery. I didn't even think about that, but he faded completely perfectly. His ears were bright pink inside, and light pink on the outside. He turned out so adorable.

The photos are a little deceiving. He is made out of 4 cakes. Three flavors: chocolate, yellow, and strawberry. He was about 2 feet long and 10 inches high. He was a blast to make.

Unfortunately, the fondant was a little firmer than normal. So, I had to piece him together in places, especially around his ears, and it was really difficult to smooth the fondant. So, I used the fake money from the dollar store to cover the creases and goofs. He's still a little rough around the edges, but his overall cuteness cancels all that out.



No comments:

Post a Comment