Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mexican Food family Gathering

My aunt and uncle are traveling evangelists. They come through twice a year, and our family gathers together and does what our family does best: eat and talk. (Well, and tell terrible jokes). So, this time through, I decided that I was going to foot the bill for the family dinner rather than my mom and dad. Usually, they spend all the money, and everyone else comes to eat, with maybe a desert or salad brought along.

I haven't cooked a full meal for a large gathering in a while, so away I go.

I have another not so looked at blog that I put together for my church's Daniel Fast last year. On that blog I have this really wonderful recipe for Meatless Mexican Lasagna. It's very scrumptious. It's one of those foods that has so much in it that you just can't imagine what else you might find. And it's tasty as well.

Besides the Meatless Mexican Lasagna, I am going to attempt authentic re-fried beans (made with LARD!!!), and real Mexican Rice. Not those packages of rice that are bland and boring. I am also planning to make the delicious Hershey's chocolate cake with (Sh!) cherry filling and chocolate cream cheese frosting. Yummy. I can't wait.

The funny thing is, when I told the family that I was cooking, they began to plan what else to bring. So, now, there will be all kinds of Hispanic dishes and I don't have to cook as much. Oh, the plans I make, always bring out the best in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment