Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Adventures in Popping

I bought a Cake Pop book. It's not Bakerella's, but it's good. I looked at her book today, and although it is amazing, it's really for the beginning popper. After six months of making cake pops, I am no longer a beginner, but I admit, I am not an expert either.

I bought Wilton's Cake Pop idea book. It has some really adorable pops in it, but they are very time consuming. I wouldn't want to make hundreds of them. That's for sure. I think it will be a really useful tool for me. I can be more adventurous in my future endeavors.

I also found a few people on Facebook that are in the cake pop business. I've listed their links on the right of the page. They have some amazing ideas. Very creative. In fact, one has a really adorable bunch of cake pop roses. I have a wedding cake coming up for a very dear friend who is more like a brother. He loves cake pops. So, for his wedding, I am going to make him some red rose pops. He will love it.

His cake is going to be amazing, and I can hardly wait to tackle it. I have a few weeks left before his wedding, and I can hardly wait.

I am also going to do a bazaar in December. Nothing but cake pops. I will start preparing those about two weeks out. I think I will make between 500 and 800 pops. I will prepare some in boxes, and some individually. I am hoping it is successful. I need the money.

College is expensive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment