Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Furthermore...

Now that the wedding cake is complete, and the bride absolutely loved it, I can move onto other things.

For now, that means cake pops.

Most of what I find on the Internet focus on the outside of the pop. Colors, designs, decorations, etc. I like to focus on the overall pop. I love to play with flavors, so I have a few flavors I am trying out.

Mocha - which is now called the Java Pop. This is going to be my signature flavor. It is extremely popular and essentially, energy on a stick.

Oranges and Cream - this one is in the testing phase.

Cocomond - A cake pop adaptation of the classic Almond Joy candy bar. This one is also still in the testing phase.

I will also be perfecting Gluten and Sugar free flavors. Those are always a work in progress. With both, I must be super careful about cross contamination. Which means, I can not make any other flavors while I am making these. I also must use fresh, right out of the package chocolate almond bark. Both types are in the testing phase.

I'm sure the future holds many new flavors for me. It's been suggested that I attempt a pineapple flavor. However, I believe that will have to be a special order only flavor. I can't see that one selling more than one or two per week. It's a specific taste for a specific person.

No comments:

Post a Comment