Saturday, May 28, 2011

An overall success

The final result is gorgeous. I learned a lot from this cake... mostly what not to do. However, the end result was beautiful.

I had to redo the fondant, tearing it all off yesterday! I finished covering and decorating at about 9:45 this morning, and we had to leave at 10:00 to be at the church by 10:30. Once we arrived, after a scary, and somewhat slow 30 minute drive, we set up the cake and finished decorating it. We put baby's breath all around the bottom of each cake to "hide" the ugly spots that I missed at home.

My mother put all of the flowers together, and they looked absolutely stunning. My mom has some true talent with flowers.

The cake topper is the bride's and it was so adorable and unique, just like their cake. The Fleur de lis was a success, finally. It still looked like wrought iron, but it really fit with the topper.

Although I feel like I should never do a wedding cake again, I love the cake and think it's gorgeous.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment