Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Popping Challenges

Making cake pops is easy. I love coming up with new flavors. For example, I am going to make an Almond Toffee one that I hope is similar to the luscious Almond Roca that everyone adores.

The biggest problem comes in the creativity of toppings. To differentiate between flavors, I put a different type of topping on each flavor. For example, the Almond Toffee will be covered in chocolate with almonds sprinkled over the chocolate while it is still wet.

However, I am having a difficult time coming up with a topping for Red Velvet that will make it different than most any of the cake pop flavors that I dip in white. I believe I will use the red candy sprinkles that I usually use for Valentine's Day or Christmas.

Sometimes, I just need to ramble a little to come up with the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment