Friday, March 9, 2012

Busy, busy, busy


The Strider
Yes, I've been busy. This week I made a new cupcake, the Strider. Named in honor of Jenn Strider who placed an order for a confetti cake with pink frosting and white sprinkles. Now, traditionally, confetti cake is full of a variety of colors: red, blue, green, yellow, etc. However, Jenn said she likes pink. So, I used pink sprinkles in place of multi-colored sprinkles. The results were adorable. A pink marbled cake with pink frosting and white sprinkles. The taste? MMM delicious. Of course, I am partial to my white cake.

The "new" muddin' cake
I also got to reinvent the muddin' cake. I finally found out how to make trees that look like actual trees: out of fondant. I have to admit, although this cake was pretty cool, too, the first one had a better splash!

So, next up is an amazing pirate ship. Now, you know me, I love pirates. Pirates of the Caribbean (all 4) are some of my favorite movies. So, this one is dear to my heart. I have already created several little pieces for the ship, and tomorrow, I will make the helm and let it dry. The ship is due no later than 9 am on Sunday morning, so I will try to finish it tomorrow afternoon and get the ship to the party place before it gets too late. Super excited about this ship. Pictures will be posted after the birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment