Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Wedding, more to do

A friend asked me to do her wedding. She wants 100 cake pops, 100 cupcakes, and a wedding cake. Thankfully, it's a simple design on the cake.

The biggest problem is the size. She wants to have the round and square tiers that are so popular. I have the pans, the problem comes in the sizes. If I were to use the largest square pan, I would have to have several tiers. It would be 16" sq, 14" round, 12" sq, 10" round, 8" square, and 6" round.That would be 5 tiers, plus the top. It will be extremely heavy, but I suppose I can do it. LOL

The best part is the flowers. Her colors are black and hot pink. Her flowers are calla lillies. So, I am making gumpaste calla lillies in hot pink. The cake is basic white fondant. I will wrap black ribbon around the base of each tier to finish the bottom and place the flowers around the cake, with a big bunch on top. I'll put some ribbon loops throughout the bouquets to bring the black into the design. Should be beautiful.

I started mixing the gumpaste colors last night and my hands are now hot pink. I will make as many flowers as possible tonight, but calla lillies are simple. Just two pieces, and attach.

No comments:

Post a Comment