Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bride and Groom Cake Pops

Regardless of the cancelled wedding cake, the Bride still wants the cake pops. I originally decided to make bride and groom cake pops. I found a photo of them awhile back on the internet and couldn't wait until I could make them.

However, they are more time consuming that regular cake pops. The groom has a little bow tie and buttons that have to be put on with either a toothpick, or a #1 decorating tube. I started with the toothpick, but after 20 minutes, I didn't even have 10 cake pops finished. So, I switched over to the tube. Worked great for awhile, but soon, unmelted clumps of chocolate started making their way to the tiny hole and I couldn't keep it clear long enough to get through one cake pop. So, the last 20 or so took a while. But, 2 hours later, I had 100 groom pops.

Now, I'm waiting for the white chocolate to melt so I can finish the bride pops. 100 of them, but they are really simple. Just dip them and sprinkle sugar on them to give them that sparkle. Then, add a little heart for a "necklace" and I'm done. The little heart will take awhile because they are teeny tiny, but once I have the pops ready to go, that shouldn't take more than an hour or so. Then, into the freezer. Deliver Saturday morning, and I'm finished.

Out of curiosity, I looked these little pops up on the internet, just to see how much a baker would charge... Wow, they are roughly $28 a dozen. So, for 200 cake pops, it's around $500. Wow. I think I'll make them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment