Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cake Pops are still "in"

I have made over 2,000 cake pops in the last 6 months. Amazing. I gave a lot away, though. At first, they were a trial, I donated some to different groups, and I took some to church functions and family functions. As the popularity of them grew, I began to make a little bit of money off them. Overall, I've made well over $500, just off cake pops. Not bad for a college student.

I got an order for some cake pops that was rather challenging. She wanted 9 different flavors. And she only wanted 2 dozen. Unfortunately, I didn't have any made. I had a bunch, but I was afraid they would begin to taste like freezer, so I gave them away. So, today, I made 5 cakes just to make these 9 different flavors. I already had a few cakes made up and frozen, so that was good. Since she only wanted 2 and 3 of each of the flavors, I now have quite a bit of cake made up and ready for the freezer. It will keep for awhile so, anytime I get a little order, I can just pull out the flavors I need and whip some up!

No comments:

Post a Comment