Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homemade cake SUCCESS!!!

Ever attempt at homemade cake - from scratch not from a box - has been an utter failure. They always sink in the middle and turn into brownie like cake in the center most part of the cake. While still delicious, that means the middle of the cake has 2" of frosting just to make the cake appear level.

So, tonight I have attempted, once more, a homemade cake. It has just over 2 minutes left, but it is level and lovely. No big hole in the center. Hooray! Too bad I am squishing it up for cake pops. But, I will taste test a small piece first just to see how it tastes.

Once I tipped it out of the pan, the cake stuck just a little. Easy fix. Next time I make it, I'll just line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Should come right out.

See the recipe in my Favorite Recipes section located on the right of the screen. Make sure you follow the high altitude directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment