Saturday, May 21, 2011

Final product

I am very glad this is a practice cake. I was hoping it would turn out well enough that I could actually use it, but alas, no. I tried carving the Fleur de lis into the side, then painting it in... YUCK... I tried painting the template and transferring to the cake, no... Only portions transferred, and it smeared. SO, I decided to use royal icing, and it looks about like a 3 year old did it.

I will attempt a few other little tricks over the next few days and see how things work out. Luckily, the Fleur de lis is not the first thing I have to do with the cake, so, I have time to work on it. The cakes and fondant went fairly smooth, although I need to work on leveling and torting.

Enjoy the image of the final product. It took nearly all day, so I will start on the actual wedding cake tomorrow.

1 comment: