Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finalization

So, the template idea didn't work. Although it was a really good idea, and I ended up using the cut out Fleur de lis in another way, it didn't work as intended.

However, the 10" and 6" tiers are complete. I have to finish the 14" tier and then, chill... LOL

The Fleur de lis ended up being a bigger mess than I ever imagined. I made 2 different batches of black fondant, one was so dry I could have added a gallon of water and it wouldn't soften up. Th other was so greasy that when I squished it, grease oozed between my fingers. Blech. That was yet another flop.

I decided, enough was enough. I've wasted a lot of time and money this week trying to get the doggone Fleur de lis perfect. I should have done what I thought about from the beginning. Wilton's new Sugar Sheets! I bought a couple of them tonight and the Fleur de lis was cut out in a few minutes, and a nice little border shortly after that. I didn't get to be as extravagant and fancy as I wanted, but it isn't that bad.


I have decided. When I open my bakery, I am hiring someone to do wedding cakes. I never want to do this again. I'm a nervous wreck and I'm worried that the Bride and Groom won't like it. Stress... Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment