Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Surprises sometimes aren't so good.

I was very excited this evening. I finally got two of the cakes put together. The 10". They were lovely, the were level, they were - are perfect. I have now crumbcoated them and they await fondant. Very excited! I finally have a wonderful success. A very heavy, very thick, 2 layer 10" cake.

I also had the 6" topper ready for layer number 2. It is leveled and filled. However, the top layer was still chilling. Once it became fully chilled, I leveled it, only to find a not so wonderful surprise awaiting me. A very large air bubble had made a nest right smack in the middle of the adorable little cake. So, one more cake to make. Thankfully, it's a small one and it can be made in my little toaster oven. If I wake up early enough, I could even make it while I'm getting ready for work.

I will have to say that it's a good thing I know how to make cake pops. I wonder how many flavors I can create to use up the several pounds of white cake I have in the freezer now?

No comments:

Post a Comment