Sunday, May 22, 2011

Taste Test

The taste of that practice cake was not good. The cake was so dense that it didn't even taste like cake. It had the appearance of pound cake. The filling was overpowering. One taster thought it was lemon; another taster thought it taste like red ropes (Hmmm, really?). I thought it was just gross.

We have a restaurant supply store here, so I decided to forgo making the filling, I am buying it.

I am working on the second attempt of my cake. I used a lot less batter for the pan, and I attempted 7up in the batter in place of the water (a wise baker's tip). I am also baking it at 300° for a longer period of time. We will see. If this is successful, then I am ready for the week. I will then prepare the next layer of the little one, and move on to the middle tier.

No comments:

Post a Comment