Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Successes... so Far

As of right now, all of my cakes are finished and ready to be leveled and stacked... Except two, they are still baking. One is nearly done, the other is going slow. It's the big one. The first big one is in the freezer firming up. It was starting to break down the middle, so I transferred it to a board and into the freezer it went so it would be firm for leveling and stacking.

The remainder of my cakes are lovely and nice. I am finally getting there.

I have been attempting the gorgeous and intricate fleur de lis design that was requested. However I tried, it would not work. It looked as if a child had tried to draw it in crayon. So, I contacted the Bride, and she OK'd a more simple fleur de lis design. I am very grateful. The design is the classic Fleur de lis and it can be cut out of fondant. I will also put a 3/4" and 1" black border around the bottom edge of the lower two cakes to make them a little more classy.

Now, the real work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment